Monday, April 16, 2007

Quite hot in France!

It's a pity this Spring is so hot, it's already 23 degrees now!
Bugger, normally the temperature should be 15-18 degrees, and tulips bloom for at least 1 month.
I think the tulips only had their chance for 2 weeks this year.

We had an Easter meal with Nic's grandparents, and as usual his grandmummy decorated the table with Easter decorations in yellow and green. She's really so talented in table dressing!

Then we off we went by car to their orchard to pick ourselves a bouquet of tulips before they all faded. The cherry trees were also fully in bloom, we just sat under the cherry tree, smelling the cherry blooms and apple flowers..while chatting away for 2 hours.

When I was 15 a band senior in RGS bought 3 tulips for another senior, and she spent 21 dollars on those three pathetic yellow stalks of tulips! My reaction then was "(gawk!)Wow that's quite a lot of money for just 3! I'd never spend so much on one stalk of flower!"
The worst thing was, after an hour she was tearing because the tulips totally bloomed to their fullest, the stalks were wilting and the petals falling off! Singapore is just too ridiculously hot for poor tulips.
So now each time I cut a stalk of tulip, I laugh away in my heart because I remember this particular band senior. Especially when I don't have very nice memories of band seniors, I laugh even louder. hmph!

Here's my bouquet!
Next will be the peonies and the Irises, can't wait!









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home